posted this recipe because I accidentally found out that green onions and seitan, spending some nights in the fridge, taste "liverish"
spatula for transfer out of food processor
small sauté pan
airtight storage container
* 1 package of tofurkey oven roasted deli slices, cubed (or, homemade seitan, cubed, if you wish)
* 6 each, washed, cubed green onions (a must have for this recipe)
* 2 TBL vegan butter
* 1 1/2 tsp marjoram
* 1/2 tsp ground cloves
* 1/2 tsp white pepper
* 3 TBL oil
* 1 tsp salt (if using tofurkey, taste for salt)
* 2 shitake mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
|Serve with pumpernickel bread cubes and strong mustard|
- Sauté mushrooms, marjoram and cloves in the margarine for around 1 minute, then place in food processor
- Add cubed tofurkey slices or seitan and green onions and oil to food processor and process until smooth and creamy, taste for salt level (and heat if you want to add a little hot cayenne) and store in airtight container in fridg for, optimally, 24-48 hours before serving.