Contact Me

Questions? Comments? Reach me at


homemade tahini

Decided to make my own tahini because it is too expensive at $7.00 to $8.00 / 1  1/2 cups volume.  Bought 3 cups of organic brown sesame seeds for $1.40 u.s. $, as of this post 2012.  What I learned is even better....this stuff tastes absolutely amazing and 100 percent better compared to store bought, well worth my time and labor due to the taste, and, saved $$ at the same time.
This recipe makes around 3 cups of tahini
• food processor
• 2 cups of sesame seeds room temperature (I toasted my seeds in the oven on 350 degrees for around 20 minutes, while stirring; however, you do not have to toast, you can make this raw, lightly toasted, or, heavy toasted.  Different flavors for all)
• fresh oil as needed (I used a good olive oil for around 20% of the oil, then I switched to a light fresh canola oil for the other 80%)
• salt as needed (if you wish)

•   Place sesame seeds in food processor, add around 1/4 cup oil and start mixing on high speed.  Keep adding oil until the seeds are starting to form a sauce.  This will take around 10-15 minutes of high speed mixing while stopped sometimes to skim the sides with a spatula
•   Once you have the texture you like, add salt to your taste level
One of my all time favorite healthy recipes, spinach/quinoa quiche,  just got better with fresh tahini
•   Store in an airtight container and enjoy!

Blog Archive