Contact Me

Questions? Comments? Reach me at sue.veganeats@gmail.com

12/18/11

easy vegan cheesecake


*This is the SilkNog CheeseCake recipe on the side of the container.  I wanted to show everyone how I replaced the 2 eggs in the recipe, and produced this perfect, non-gummy, non-bean tasting vegan cheesecake. In the past, I have not liked the results of most vegan cheesecakes, but this one is delicious.*

Equipment:
9 inch vegan pie crust (I used graham cracker)
Mixer and Bowl
Oven


Ingredients:
16 oz. vegan cream cheese (I used tofutti non-hydrogenated cream cheese)
1/2 cup sugar (I used Wholesome Sweeteners organic, fair trade sugar, which has vegan friendly listed on their label, and I buy in bulk to save $$)
3 TBL flour
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla
(you can add cinnamon and nutmeg, if you want a spice cheesecake, or....
I added a small amount of lemon oil for my favorite lemony cheesecake)
3/4 cup SilkNog (dairy eggnog analogue)
they called for 2 eggs, this was my substitute...
2 TBL silken tofu and 3 tsp of EnterG egg replacer
Method...
Preheat oven to 325 degrees
Beat creamcheese, sugar, flour, salt, tofu and spice or lemon
Beat in vanilla and silknog
Beat in egg replacer and pour into crust and bake 30-45 minutes, you will see this becoming somewhat dense in the oven and it will not brown on top.  I turned the oven off and let it sit for around 10 minutes in the warm oven.
Take out of oven and let cool to about room temperature.
Place in the refrigerator and cool and chill completely.

Blog Archive