Contact Me

Questions? Comments? Reach me at sue.veganeats@gmail.com

2/2/12

moroccan rice, veggies and beans


Equipment:
Sauce pan or, rice steamer and pressure cooker for preparing rice and beans
Big mixing and storage bowl
french knife
big mixing spoon
Ingredients:
2 cups cooked rice of choice (I used basmati)
2 cups cooked fava beans (I happened to use pinto beans because they are all that I had on hand)
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
2 TBL turmeric
1/2 tsp of saffron
1 tsp lemon pepper
1 cup minced raw celery
1 cup minced raw carrots
1/2  cup minced raw onion
1 or 2 cups green lightly steamed green veggies of choice (I used asparagus)
3 TBL water
2 TBL lemon juice
1 TBL vegan margarine ( i used soy free earth balance)
to taste, salt ( I used herbamare)
Method...
Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly, over and over, until blended, heat in sauce pan and serve.  Refrigerate in covered bowl until next use.

Blog Archive