|Fresh Yuba, AKA..bean curd, soy skin|
|gluten free recipe|
Equipment: Food processor, mixing bowl, spatula, pot for making stew
|Did you know? 2oz. of yuba contains 18grams of complete protein|
- 1 each , 16oz. pkg. of bean curd (pictured above), thawed and cut into strips (FRESH IS HARD TO FIND, BUT WORTH THE TROUBLE, ASIAN MARKETS in big cities??) --OR---you can usually find dry sheets in any asian market and soak, marinate until wet--or--you can make yourself from soy milk, many recipes on the web.
- 3 cups , fresh veges, pulsed in food processor, remember, the more colors, the healthier! (I used. 1 red bell pepper, a few brussel sprouts, 1 bunch of green onions, 1 10oz. pkg. frozen organic spinach, a few carrots)
- 1 1/2 cups , rice (of your choice)
- 1 1/2 TBL , tumeric
- 1 tsp , curry powder
- 1/4 cup , nutritional yeast
- 1 TBL, lemon pepper
- 1/4 cup , tahini (or oil, fat source of choice)
- to taste , salt, pepper
Place all of your spices and nutritional yeast in water and cook your rice according to the directions.
When the rice is cooked, add all of the veges, and let them cook a little from the steam from the rice. Finally, add the yuba and throughly combine. Taste and add salt, or more spice, fat, etc to your liking